Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
BioPhysical Sciences Library
NEW LIBRARY OPENING HOURS:
8h00 - 17h00 (Monday - Friday)
(effective Monday 20 September)
ScienceAlert features cool and interesting science news and entertainment worth sharing.
The Conversation - Science & technology
Curated by professional editors, The Conversation offers informed commentary and debate on the issues affecting our world. It is an independent source of news and views from the academic and research community, delivered direct to the public.
Welcome to the LibGuide for Animal, Plant & Environmental Sciences at Wits. This guide introduces subject resources, help and support, and information on the library services and facilities available to you.
NEW BOOKS - A selection of new titles in the library
New Resource - Encyclopedia of Biodiversity (ELECTRONIC RESOURCE)
The Encyclopedia of Biodiversity, Second Edition maintains the reputation of the highly regarded original, presenting the most current information available in this globally crucial area of research and study. It brings together the dimensions of biodiversity and examines both the services it provides and the measures to protect it. Major themes of the work include the evolution of biodiversity, systems for classifying and defining biodiversity, ecological patterns and theories of biodiversity, and an assessment of contemporary patterns and trends in biodiversity.
Animal, Plant & Environmental Science Subject Guide
Animal, Plant & Environmental Sciences
Library services: COVID-19 update
BIOPHY LIBRARY OPEN WITH LIMITED SERVICES AVAILABLE
The Library is offering limited on-campus services with the minimal staffing numbers permitted.
- Study space - in order to adhere to social distancing regulations, a monitored limited number of students will be allowed to be seated inside the libraries.
- Student PCs (allowing social distancing)
- Printing- & photocopying facilities
- Book returns - users are requested to use the book return drop boxes outside the libraries when returning books
- Borrowing of books
- Library users are encouraged to send an e-mail to the librarian when a print resource is needed. The borrower is notified when to collect the item/s once it is ready.
- Library users can also visit their respective libraries and request books at the Circulation desk.
- Access to shelves is not allowed/permitted at this stage due to Covid19 Regulations.
- Remote online support offered by librarians during the lock down to continue. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org