Welcome. This guide will help you find resources which will help you succeed in your studies and research. We hope this will help you find your way to specialised information and learning tools. There are links to core books, journals, databases, and websites.
Please refer to other medical guides for additional help.
Click on the tabs at the top of the page to navigate around the guide.
Here are some details on what the MyAccess profile will now offer users in one central, easy to access location:
- Favorites: Users can bookmark their favorite content within their MyAccess account. Currently users are limited to saving only figures and tables within MyAccess. We have expanded this functionality to include chapters, chapter sections, videos, cases.
- Self-Assessment: Quiz results will be stored for users in their MyAccess profile to return to at any time; users can still email results at the time of taking the quiz.
- Recently Viewed: Similar to a browser history, this lets users easily pick up where they might have left off on the site in the last 30 days - whether they were interrupted on the site or cannot remember where that figure was they found the other day.
- Custom Curriculum: For institutions that use Custom Curriculum, the MyAccess profile will display the user's most recent upcoming - or overdue - assignments.
- Remote access messaging: Because our remote access and IP authentication make it easy for our users to access their institution's subscriptions, sometimes there is confusion around remote access and how it works. We have added dynamic messaging to the user explaining when they are accessing the site remotely, when their remote access expires, and how to keep it current.
Great new way to search for drug information by drug class. RxClass allows users to search and browse drug classes and their RxNorm drug members through a simple Web interface
You can convert PubMed search results to Excel spread sheets. Read this blog article, and download the software here. This will be very useful for systematic reviews, as you will be able to sort.
How to Access Pubmed with your devices e.g Tablet or Samsung
Click to open is a useful document from the British Medical Association.
7 York Road
Tel: 011 717-2348