Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
||R1.00 per day
||R9.00 per day
||R0.50 (only issued to members of staff)
Fines are charged for any Library material which is not returned or renewed by its due date. Computer generated overdue notices are sent by the Library system as a reminder. Library users are still responsible for any material that is not returned or renewed even if a notice has not yet been received.
- Holds may be placed for items which are out to other users
- A Library Pin is required in order to place a book on hold
- Link to creating a Library Pin: http://www.wits.ac.za/files/htte0_948264001347351740.pdf
- The University of the Witwatersrand (Wits) Libraries allows University faculty, staff and students to borrow its materials on a loan period basis
- Borrowing privileges are also extended to Wits Alumni
- External students from other Universities as per the Chelsa agreement
- Visiting researchers to the University