Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Knowledge Commons 1 and 2
Wartenweiler Library (WWL) has two Knowledge Commons (KC). One on the first floor (KC1) and the other on the second floor (KC2).
- KC1 is a ten and KC2 is seven seater workstation. Each workstation accommodates six Library patrons
- Both KCs are fully operational throughout Library opening hours
- Access to the KCs is through a controlled register which is kept by student assistants
- Library patrons may not walk around to the workstations looking for a vacant seat, but should remain seated in the waiting area until directed by student assistants to a vacant workstation
- KCs are used for searching academic information, emails and research related activities
- Chat rooms are closely monitored by students assistants to ensure that Library patrons do not spend long periods on the computer and deprive others the chance to search
- Library patrons are assisted to insert peripheral devices such as disks and USB correctly
- Downloading of Music and changing of any settings such as screen savers is not permitted in KCs