Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
WHSL E-books is a collection of all the subscribed e-books from different publishers in one platform. The term eBook is an abbreviation for electronic books that is available in full text online.
The benefits of using eBooks include:
- access from any location with Internet access via the WITS Library website
- they cannot be lost or stolen
- in most cases unlimited numbers of people can access the same eBook simultaneously;
- depending on the platform that the eBook is hosted on it may be possible to download the eBook to your computer and/or smart phone/tablet device and/or eBook reader
Things to keep in mind about e-books
- Not all books are available in eBook format.
- Most library eBook collections are presented in formats that are intended for viewing in a browser on a computer
COMPREHENSIVE BOOKLIST 2020
EFFECTIVE from 27 July 2021
Level 3 Lockdown adjustment hours
eResources available 24/7 https://libguides.wits.ac.za/whsl-eresources
Bara Library is CLOSED until further notice
Enquiries/Queries: Virtual (LibChat, E-mail, or Teams)
CLOSED ON ALL PUBLIC HOLIDAYS
Chris Hani Baragwanath Library
WHEN CLOSED ENQUIRIES email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read notice boards in the library for changes to library hours.
Deputy Witwatersrand Health Sciences Librarian
LIVE CHAT WITH A LIBRARIAN (LibChat)