Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
PressReader, a digital newsstand of 7250+ newspapers and magazines
Pressreader Access Details
The Library has subscribed to PressReader, a digital newsstand of 7250+ newspapers and magazines that can be read in plain text, or in full-page, full-colour format. It includes local, regional and international publications, with a rolling backfile of up to 90 days.
Currently registered students and staff can access the collection directly via the Library, or by downloading the app for reading on a mobile device.
- Via the Library website (laptop or workstation)
- Using an internet browser, go to the Library home page
- Scroll down to the section headed “E-Resources
- Select “Databases”.
- This will take you to the Library’s A-Z list of online databases
- Select the “P” tab
- Scroll down until you find the link for “PressReader”
- You will not be required to log in if you are on campus.
- Off campus users will be presented with a login screen and asked to enter their surname, staff/student number and PIN
- Using the PressReader app (mobile phone, tablet or e-reader)
The Pressreader app is free and can be used on devices using Android or IOS
- First, create a PressReader account
- Go to the PressReader website
- In the upper right corner of the page, click on Sign In
- At the bottom of the popup window, click on New User? Sign up now
- Complete the required fields, using your Wits email address, then click on
Create My Account
- PressReader will send you an email asking you to confirm your email address
- Next, download the PressReader app
- Open the app on your device
- Sign in with the PressReader account that you created (above)
- Once authenticated, you will be given 30 days’ seamless access.
When this expires, you will need to sign in to the PressReader app again.